Competitive Market Analyst
In this role you will research the insurance and financial services fields to assist Assured Allies in meeting its long-term goal to make successful aging possible and accessible for all older adults. You will provide analysis on market trends and industry landscape as well as develop actionable recommendations based on research. You will contribute to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting as part of Assured Allies commercialization efforts.
- Collect and analyze information to evaluate Assured Allies performance in the market
- Independently source, analyze, and synthesize data and intelligence into actionable information
- Survey the competitive landscape to uncover new, untapped commercial opportunities and product innovations that will grow the business
- Partner with marketing team to develop consumer and distributor testing programs that will further drive product innovation
- Identify barriers to market entry and propose creative workarounds
- Leverage and maintain extensive internal and external network to identify new competitive intelligence
- Prepare findings and propose recommendations for executive approval
- Pitch in where needed on miscellaneous product development deliverables - including specification documents, filing support, etc.
- Partner closely with sales, marketing, product, actuarial and finance teams
This role might be for you if you are:
- Decision making: You cut to the chase and make tough choices easy and clear for others. You are not afraid of making a mistake because you know how you will fix it if need be.
- Startup state of mind: You have worked in small and start-up companies before, ideally venture-backed. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as a chance to build.
- Getting your hands dirty: You can design the perfect strategy recommendation, but are just as energized diving in to put the plan into action.
- F-U-N: Our team is dedicated and passionate about building a company we are proud to represent. We know creating new products is as much about the journey as the destination. We take enjoyment in tackling the challenges, and building a culture that people want to be a part of.
An ideal candidate owns:
- 5+ years experience working in healthcare, insurance/financial services, or consulting spaces; engaging in strategy, business development, operations or program management tasks
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Ability to influence across different functions and cultures via excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a constantly-changing work environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet maintain team level participation
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in sales or sales operations, client success, and partnership management is a plus
We are open to candidates based on US East Coast with an expectation for some travel (30% of the time)
To the qualified candidate we offer a salary based on experience, plus equity, medical, dental, vision, PTO.
A bit about us:
Assured Allies’ mission is to make aging sustainable. We empower older adults to live happier, healthier, and more independently at home, while reducing the financial burden associated with aging. As the first step in our journey, we are working with long term care insurance companies, building new solutions for this huge but struggling market. We use advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms, unique data collection methods and personalized, evidence-based clinical interventions. One of our products - the Age Assured program, which identifies near-future risks to policyholders and introduces customized interventions to mitigate them - is already live, while the construction and marketing of other products are well underway. We have raised a series A, and have offices in Tel Aviv and Boston, MA.
It takes a world-class team to achieve an ambitious goal like ours. To do this, we aim to bring smart and curious people from a range of professional backgrounds, all connected by a shared dedication to our mission. You can learn more about us here: https://assured.care/our-story/